Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Product Review : elf Brightening Eye Color Quad in Teal Dream

Hi Everyone !
So if this isn't your first time checking out my blog you know that I'm thoroughly impressed and some could argue slightly obsessed with elf cosmetics. They recently began selling their once only available through online store products at Target, so now they're easily accessible for the penny pinching makeup lover.. like myself.
I bought this quad for $1 back in May and just haven't fell in love with anything about it.
Here are my thoughts
With 4 shimmery eyeshadows this quad isn't necessarily the best 1 step kit for creating a great pastel teal or blue eyeshadow look. The lack of a matte color [for me] means no crease shade. Using a matte crease/blending shade allow you to create a believable look of depth, and without it piling 1 shimmery eyeshadow onto another looks... not so great =/

My biggest beef with this quad however, is the color payoff. Which I definitely was surprised by. I am constantly raving about elf's quality and this let me down. particularly the Teal and the Champagne color.
Swatched, the champagne color is perfect, but once applied to the eye it looks dry.. and applied with a damp brush the shadow practically crumbled as soon as it was placed. The teal color also looks great swatched. But it just took way too much effort to generate the color from the swatch on my eyelid. WAH.
After packing and packing and PACKING the shadow onto a firm eyeshadow brush  I was finaly able to get the teal color. Kind of a let down.

Like I said, I bought this in May... and I've used it 3times and after being completely aggravated with it, I've decided I'm done with it. So it goes in one of those junk drawers with the other crap I don't plan to use ever again.

1 comment:

Wana said...

I just wanted to say I completely agree with your comments on this product. I tossed mine the other day. I love that e.l.f. is at Target now, so much easier to get.

Published By Gooyaabi Templates