Tuesday, October 6, 2015

BUY or BYE : Life Changing Lashes

Oh hello... did that enticing title lure you in like magic?
This marks the first post of a series of posts I'm really excited to introduce here on the blog, Buy or Bye. 
In these posts I will be doing in depth reviews of both drug store and designer brand products and then putting a BUY or BYE stamp on them. 
This will be beneficial for a lot of you who aren't 100% sold on products and to learn more about it without shelling out the cash for it 
Anyways this product might be affordable miracle lash product for limp and dull lashes, if you follow me on Instagram, you saw I snapped a picture of this product over a month ago... it has some bold claims.

Keep reading to find out more




Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit

What They Say:
Experience a total lash transformation! 100% saw the most dramatic lash effect ever experienced with a mascara. 100% saw thicker, fuller, longer, more dramatic looking lashes after 3 weeks. 24 hour wear. Brush on lash extensions in 2 minutes.
Hypoallergenic. Paraben-Free. Gluten Free. Dermatologist Approved. Ophthalmologist Tested. Fragrance Free. Safe for Sensitive Eyes and Cosmetic Lens Wearers.

So basically anyone and everyone with eyelashes can wear this product.
This product was launched as a more affordable fiber-infused lash extension kit, it's comparable to products like Too Faced Better Than False Lashes and Tarte Best in Faux Lash Extending Fibers.
I have never tried either of the designer brands, only admired and "ahh-ed" from afar...all while clutching tightly onto my wallet.

The Instant Lash Extenstion Kit is a two-step process. Step 1 being the mascara. 
The mascara is decent on its own, it was thick as soon as I opened the packaging, but after a week or two I began to notice some issues. 
The mascara began getting even more thick and tacky (SEE PICTURES BELOW), two things I don't expect to happen after paying $14.95 for a drugstore brand mascara. 

Step 2 is the "extension" part of the kit. 
The small container holds 0.01oz of these cotton like pieces. It's hard to explain the texture, they're weird, but they work. 
DISCLAIMER: This is not a product you can throw on with 5 minutes before you have to leave the house. 
There's fallout, which is to be expected with lash extensions. 
I got it in my eyes, and all down my cheeks the first few days. This product does take some getting used to. 

I recommend curling and combing through your lashes before starting this process. You will notice a difference and thank me (I promise)
Without combing through my lashes, the mascara goes on like heavy paint. 
The extensions clump together for a weird doll like look (Not my thing)

I've been really pleased with this product. It claims to last 24hours.. it might last a bit longer. 
One day I put on makeup in the morning, worked all day and hit the bar for a few drinks and when I woke up the next morning..These babies were still on. 
The best tip I can give to you all is a little goes a very long way. The instructions on the packaging go as far as repeating step 1 and step 2 and I have never done that. I'm kind of scared to in all honesty. 

But anyway. when you wipe off the excess, wipe it off one more time just when you think it's ready to apply. I had major fall out, and smears from the extensions and mascara. 
Practice make perfect with this. 
Here's a step by step look at how the kit worked on me. 
This is only with one round of application. 

Length and volume are dramatically increased.. so happy with this product. 

That being said I'm giving this product the BUY sticker. 
So go ahead ladies, pick up this product and let me know how you like it

No comments:

Published By Gooyaabi Templates