Friday, April 1, 2011

March Favorites !

Hi Everyone !
Sorry, I've been away for about a week or so, school has taken taken over my world and I've been living in the library since 2weeks ago.. the life of a science major is so sad =[
But I finally left the library and took the time to sit down and pull together some of my most used items from March.
Here is it, ENJOY

I didn't really have any big makeup purchases this month because I've been tryin to pay off bills, a vacation and credit cards =/ so I've been reaching for some things that I've had and forgot about.

Revlon Tropical Temptation: This super creamy coral nailpolish has been on my toes since the middle of February and it probably will be my number one choice as we get further into the warmer months

Revlon Gray Suede: On the opposite end of the color spectrum is Gray Suede. I cannot live without this color and it's really hard for me to take it off and try to pick another color to paint my fingers. The color is kind of hard to describe because it's not exactly tan, or grey.. it's more of a light mauvey-gray combination that I'm completely in love with. I did a NOTD featuring this color, if you're interested in learning more about it.

NARS Blush in Amour: I purchased this in January I think and never even took it out of the box until March. Sad, I know. This blush gives a nice light pink flush to the cheeks without making you look like a Barbie doll. Nice for warm weather and light eyemakeup
Elf Mineral Eyeshadows in Celebrity(left) and Wild(right): I'll admit that I've been pretty skeptical about elf's makeup products only because they're so cheap. Even though there are plenty of great reviews in the YouTube community and Blog world I've steered clear of their products...until last month when I saw these 2 shadows being sold together for $5 at Target. I figured I'd try them out and maybe like them. The day after I bought these, I fell in love. The color payoff if fantastic and Wild is a shade of brown I've never came across
- SWATCHED OVER TOO FACED SHADOW INSURANCE-
Celebrity (Left) - Shimmery Taupe color with small gold flecks.
Wild (Right) - Matte Dark Chocolate Brown with gold shimmer.


In addition to the 2shadows in the $5 deal, it came with the elf Eyeshadow Brush. Which I'm also a fan of, it's especially dense for picking up the mineral eyeshadows and virtually eliminates any fall out that would happen with a regular brush. 2 thumbs WAY up for elf. =D


L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara: You may have noticed that I've been using this more in some of the LOOKS posted, and that's because it gives my lashes some of the most dramatic volume I've ever seen. Simply put, there's not a drugstore mascara that can really compete with this..in my opinion.

DKNY Ripe Raspberry: from the Candy Apples collection. I bought this last summer in NY visiting a friend and never really fell inlove with it. Yeah, I thought it smelled pretty good.. but I wasn't dying over it. I wore it recently just going to class and the kid next to me was like "You smell like a lollipop" haha, and since then it's grown on me. I think it smells exactly like crushed raspberries sprinkled with sugar. Delicious =D





No comments:

Published By Gooyaabi Templates